Augmentative and Alternative Communication
As an experienced Speech Pathologist, with 28 years experience, Cathy has worked with people with multiple and complex communication needs throughout her professional working life. She is available for assessments and support, training and advice in many areas of this specialty.
- For adults (all ages), school age and young children;
- Working with families, support staff, CRU and accommodation services;
- Day services, nursing homes and employment places;
- Community, leisure, education, and other facilities.
Some Training and workshop ideas
– Introduction to Communication;
– Introduction to Augmentative and Alternative Communication;
– Improving the environment for people with Complex Communication Needs;
– Use of Key Word Sign (previously Makaton);
– Low tech Communication;
– Behaviours of Concern;
– Working with people who communicate informally;
– Integrating Communication into the Curriculum.
A training or information pack can be tailored to your needs.
Download my communication brochure
Please contact us via an email or call to discuss your specific needs